Monday, March 30, 2015

Each Season Matters




Today was such a beautiful day I took my little dog outside for a walk and I just looked up at the sky and said oh God thank you for this beautiful day. You are awesome. I thank you for this warm sunshine and the beautiful trees and flowers and green grass and I began to cry. Yes, right there walking my dog, I cried for joy. That winter is finally over and Spring has truly sprung and as I stood there, the Lord said you are grateful for Spring because of Winter and I said yes Lord you are so right. I could hardly wait for all of that ice and snow to be gone and take with it the freezing rain and blistering cold winds. So tired of heavy, heavy burdensome clothes and not seeing the sun for days on end. I do understand God why you send Winter, I know it's to kill all the little pests that want to eat crops and beautiful flowers and trees and I know that it is for the soil and so many other things but, I sure am happy about Spring today. I thank you God every good and perfect gift comes from you. All the beautiful birds, flowers, trees, oh look at those clouds, you are such an artist Lord, there is noone like you in all the earth! I praise your name today because you are worthy to be praised. As I walked around I couldn't help but notice how much better I am walking today than I was yesterday and I began to thank Him for that too. The enemy has been trying to tell me that I had hip replacement surgery for nothing. He kept telling me you are walking just as bad as before you had the surgery. I have been rebuking him and telling him he was a liar and to leave me alone. He has tried every trick in the book to discourage me but, it is too late for that. I have gotten closer to the Lord during this long winter season in my life that actually started last April. Oh yes, Winter in our life can come at any time and it has been winter in my life for a very long time. And now in more ways than one it is Spring again and I am so happy.

You know each Season in our life has a purpose. We tend to think that we will just go on and do what we have always done and things will just pretty much stay as they are but, that is so not true. I can look at my life just over the last 9 years and I have really done some incredible things. I have been an armor bearer for a lady Pastor, I have preached the Word, taught the Word, been an altar worker, prayer warrior, Children's Pastor -on 2 separate occasions, worked as an International Stir Fry Chef, worked as an Administrative Assistant, cooked, catered, baked, made candy, and oh so so many other wonderful things and the 1 and only of those things that I am actually called to do, I have done the least of and that is to preach the Word. He has me back on track now and I am preaching again and I love it with a passion that I can't even explain. Absolute joy unspeakable. He tells me things at times that I don't want to hear and He shows me things that I don't want to see but, I do hear and I do see and I have promised Him that I would say what He wants me to say and that I would do what He wants me to do and I would go wherever He wants me to go. I will hold fast to that confession. He has never let me down and I refuse to let Him down.

In this season of my life, I am learning that what He thinks of me is of paramount importance to me and what other people think rarely makes the radar. It's not that I don't care about people or their opinion. I do but, very little in comparison to what He thinks. He is the one that I owe everything to. He is the one that I speak to each morning and say, "Today God, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable and pleasing in thy sight oh Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." He is the one who is with me always. He is the one that has been with me all of my life. He was there when I was a little girl to shy to speak. He was there when I was a goofy, awkward teenager. He was there when I got married at 18 to someone that I should not have even been associated with. He was there when a year later, I was divorced for reasons to shameful to speak of. He was there when I didn't care about myself at all. He was there when I cared about myself way too much. He was there when noone seemed to even know my name or even care to. He was there when everyone else walked out. He has always been there to protect me, to provide for me, to heal me, to deliver me, to restore me when I was walking so far away from Him I scare my own self just thinking about it. He has been the only true constant in my life ever! I have had some wonderful friends in my lifetime and I still do. I have had some wonderful family members and I still do but, He is the one that is my all in all. He is the one that has never failed me, never turned His back on me and He is the one that matters most of all.

I seek above all to please Him and to make Him glad that He saved me. This is my absolute favorite time of year because, yes it is Spring and butterflies, and flowers, and puppies and babies but, truly because this is the Resurrection time. The time when we set aside remembrance for the Lord Jesus who bled, suffered beyond anything that we could ever imagine and then died for our sins and then gloriously rose again on the third day.  He loved us enough to lay down His precious life in order that we could be saved and live forever with Him. Mighty God! Loving Savior! I can't get over it and I am glad that I still have tears and I am glad that my heart is soft towards Him. I am so glad that even though the enemy has tried to kill me since I was a wee child, I am here!!! I am alive! I am saved! I am healed! I am delivered! hallelujah! I am happy about it! Glory to God!! I am so happy about it! Are you happy in the season that you are in? Is it Wintertime? Is God pruning you back? Is He letting the hard ice and snow kill some unneeded pests in your life? so that you can bloom later with a bigger more beautiful bloom? Whatever season He has you in right now, just embrace it. Because He knows what needs to be done more than we do and He knows exactly how to get the job done. He loves us and wants what is best for us. He always has. His mercies are new every morning, just breathe them in and set forth in the season that He has prepared for you now.

Seasons come and they go but He is forever. Make your choices and decisions according to that fact. Don't make lasting decisions that are of utmost importance in your life based on a season that could end tomorrow. Seek the Lord. He will let you know exactly what to do, when to do it and how to proceed. He has never let me down and I know that He won't let you down either.


No comments:

Post a Comment