Friday, March 13, 2015

Harvest of Light




One day in my daily Bible reading, I ran across this verse Psalms 97:11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. Also in Psalms 112:4 we have this good word- Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness, he is gracious,and full of compassions and righteousness. So, I say to myself well....since light is sown by the Lord for us that means that a harvenst of light comes at just the time it should. Just when we need it, just at our darkest hour, light appears, just when we need it. The Word also tells us in Psalm 119 They word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Obviously He wants us to get the point that He will provide us with the light that we need.
 So, when I am in that dark place of oppression, I say to the Lord, I thank you Lord for the light that you have sown for me. I thank you Lord that you are my light and my salvation, I thank you Lord that you have angels encamped round about me, I thank you Lord that you are light and in you is no darkness at all, no shadow of turning. I thank you Lord that your word is illuminating my path. You are constant, you are faithful, you are my redeemer, and my Lord. I know that you will not withhold any good thing from me. I need direction, that I know that you are going to provide in a lighted place. I praise your name Lord, you are worthy to receive glory and honor and riches and power forever and forever.
 The enemy can't stick around too long, once you start praising the Lord, thanking Him and speaking out those things that the Word says. We didn't write the book, the Holy Spirit of God wrote the book through many different anointed writers, all we have to do is read it, believe it, receive it and say it out of our mouths! Sounds simple as I am writing this, I would be amiss and a story teller,if I didn't tell you that I am still working on these things. Boy, when those attacks come and I am swarmed with what seems like a fire storm, sometimes it feels like a panic attack is about to come on me, but, then I catch myself and I say spirit of fear, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus! You have no authority over me, I bind you up in Jesus name, I render you ineffective in my life, now be gone. Then I begin to release those things that will be needful and helpful to me at that time. Father, your word says that what we bind on earth, will be bound in heaven and what we loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven so I release peace into this situation. I thank you Lord that you are the Prince of Peace and that you are right here with me in this boat and you will be with me through this storm and I will not perish, and I will reach the other side.
The enemy has already been defeated by our Lord Jesus. All we do really is stand on the Word that has already been written, remind him that he has no authority over a blood bought child of the living God and stand on the authority that the Lord has already given. He is under our feet, if we keep him there. We must be vigilant to guard our hearts and minds. We are not ignorant of his devices, the word tells us what to do. I encourage you today, when you get in a dark, tight spot, realize that He is with you, and will be with you until the end of the world. He will never leave you or forsake you. He promised us that and His promises are yes and amen. He is not a man that He would lie. He cannot like, He is truth. He loves us with an everlasting love and He inhabits our praises. So, praise Him in the storm, praise Him in the sunlight, praise Him no matter what comes or goes. He is still worthy of our praise. The true sign of an overcoming believer is how they respond to HARD times. As the old saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Well..that is the truth.
 We can't just lie down and give up and die when the enemy attacks us. We must stand up and fight the good fight of faith. As we get farther along in this journey of faith we will reach higher dimensions of worship of the Lord. The word says we go from faith to faith and from glory to glory. There is a place in worship that you can get to that is indescribable. Press in to Him, press through the care of who's looking, or listening to you. Press in to the Lord and reach that worshipful place where there is noone there but you and Him and you worship, you praise, you adore, you pour yourself out like an offering to Him. There is no place to compare to that place and once you have been there, you will never be the same. Seek His face, not His hands. When we seek His face, we are in a place of pure adoration of our Lord and Savior. There is nothing wrong with asking Him to provide with His hands anything that you want or need but, in that place of adoration and worshipfulness, there is no need or lack. He is all that you will ever need. The word says in His presence is fullness of joy. Seek Him today with your whole heart, press into Him, press on to that next level of worship. He will meet you there.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment