Tuesday, March 24, 2015

When Prayer Doesn't Seem To Be Working


 
You need Him, so, you seek Him in prayer. You read the Word, you decree and declare the word, you absolutely without doubt believe that you receive what you have been praying for and then nothing happens, now what? Keep seeking, keep reading, keep decreeing and declaring, keep believing, and you will receive what you are praying for. In the book of Daniel we read about the prophet of God praying and fasting for 21 days and diligently seeking the Lord and absolutely nothing was happening. Now I can tell you that would tend to be a little discouraging right there. But, Daniel stood firm, he kept praying, and fasting and seeking the Lord and then here is what the Word of God says happened:

 And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on hands and knees. And he said to me, "O Daniel, man greatly beloved. give heed to the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you." While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling. Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and l have come because of your words. The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia and came to make you understand what is to befall your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come." (Daniel 10:10-14 RSV)

So, now we see that there is a spiritual war going on here. This angel had been warring with a demonic force, referred to here as the prince of the kingdom of Persia. Daniel didn't know any of this was going on around him. He didn't know that angelic beings were all around him and that they were warring in the heavenlies. He didn't realize that his prayer had been heard instantly and that help was on the way. But, he continued in prayer until the answer came. This is what we must do. No matter how bad the situation may look or may get before the answer comes, we can rest assured that help is on the way. The word clearly tells us that He goes with us and will not fail or forsake us, Deuteronomy 31:6 says it like this: " Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." Also Jesus said in Matthew 28:20 when giving the great commission, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Now in the word we have another story about the Prophet Daniel, when they threw him in the lions den. Now, God showed up immediately on that deal because Daniel just laid down and went to sleep right there with the lions and they did not harm him in any way. But, you see God doesn't always show up with an immediate answer sometimes you just have to wait on Him. He is God and He is the one who decides what is best for us. He knows the end from the beginning and He knows exactly what needs to be done.

Listen folks, God doesn't have to be visible to be right there with us. He never leaves us or forsakes us, He never stops loving us and hearing our prayers. We just don't see all that is going on around us. We don't see the angels warring on our behalf. Our time frame is not the same time frame as the Heavenly time frame. We have to learn to be patient and stand firm in our faith believing that He is faithful to His word and that He will do what He says He will do. Doesn't matter what it looks like now. When you are praying for your kids and they seem to get worse instead of better, you have 2 choices you can either stand in faith, keep your mouth, heart and mind lined up with the word of God and say God this don't look good right now but I know that your promises are yes and amen and I know that you are not a man that you would lie and I know that you will perform your word and so I wait on you, I wait until every single thing that you have promised comes to pass in the lives of my children. I do not doubt you God,because you are trustworthy, and it doesn't matter how long it takes because you are God and I am not and you are working all things out for my good and for your glory and then just let it go.

You see God doesn't have to ask our permission to be God. He can do that all by Himself. He is going to work things out the way that He wants to. We can either believe in Him and receive the answer that He gives us, when He gives it or we can doubt, pitch a fit and fall on our face in doubt and disbelief, and abandon our faith. I have learned the hard way, that it is much better for me to trust in His word and just let Him do what He does. You see, I can't fix anything on my own anyway so, why not just trust Him? Why not just let Him do what He does. We have no idea the protection, the provision, the blessing that God gives us daily. We are completely unaware of the spirit realm around us. He is working all things out, in His time and in His way. He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. Not some of the time but, all of the time. I have seen so many wonderful things happen in my life and the lives of those that I love and I know that He is still working in the midst of my family and friends. I do not doubt at all that He will do exactly as He has promised. Oh I can't say that when I see bad things happen or hear bad things that I don't take a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh but, immediately I say Lord this belongs to you and I refuse to doubt, or worry about this. Jesus said come unto me all you who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart. and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light, Matt 11:28-30

Sometimes it may not seem like the yoke is easy and the burden is light when you have prayed and prayed and obeyed cried and fasted and nothing has happened.. But, I promise you with all that is within me, HE WILL SHOW UP! In His time. We can't force Him, He has a plan for each and every one of us and He will work it out for you. They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk ,and not faint, Isaiah 40:31  So what I am going to say is: Sometimes we just have to wait, we have to hold fast to the confession that we have made and believe and just let God be God and do what He does, when He does it. He is working it out. Don't doubt Him today, just be patient knowing that He cares for you. He sent His son Jesus to die for you. That should prove that your best interests are His very heart. I will leave you with my life's verse: For we know that all things work together for the good of them that love God and are the called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28  He's working it out! He's working it out! He's working it out! Believe it! Receive it! Help is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment