Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Showers of blessing

Ah yes, showers of blessing. We used to sing an old song from the hymnal when I was a kid. Showers of blessing, showers of blessing we need, mercy drops round us are falling but, for the showers we plead. You know God wants to give us good gifts. The Word says that He does, in Matthew 7: 9-11 Says: " Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10. Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? He loves us, He desires to give good things to us. We just don't believe it, or we don't ask because we think it is being selfish. He wants us to ask. Jabez asked of the Lord 4 things and the Word says that the Lord answered his prayer,in 1 Chronicles 4:10 the Word says: "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast (territory), and that thine hand might be with me, and that though wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! and God granted him that which he requested. Now, God is no respecter of persons what He will do for one that prays and asks, He will surely do for another. He wants to shower good things down on us. We must position ourselves to believe that He wants us to have good things, then we need to ask and believe that what we are asking for we will receive and then just get ready to receive. In Mark 11:24 the Word says: " Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Some folks call this the blab it and grab it gospel but, it is very clear here in the Word of the living God that this is how we are to do it. He is our Father, He desires to give us those things that we desire. When we have been born into His marvelous kingdom we are not subjects, we are joint-heirs with His son Jesus. This come with benefits, we don't have to beg Him or plead with Him. He hears and answers our prayers. When I am praying for something, I know in my heart and in my mind and in every part of me that He hears me and that He will answer me. I don't doubt it because I have seen Him work in my family, in my friends lives, I have come too far now, not to believe that He will do what He says He will do. When we want our country to straighten up and act right what does the Word say about that? 2 Chronicles 7:14 says: " If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. So, there is a stipulation. The people of God must repent and seek the face of the Lord and pray and then He will heal the land. We are sometimes pious and holier than thou talking about this ole wicked world and it is but, the Word doesn't say when the sinners gets right and pray, it says when my people get right and pray. Anything in the Word of God that you are praying about and believing for is in there. There is a scripture, a promise of God to stand on. For another instance if you are praying for your children to come back to the Lord, do like I do stand on the Word that says in Isaiah 54:13 "And all they children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Doesn't matter what things are looking like in the natural, the Word of God is true, He cannot lie. Proverbs 11:21 declares "Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered." So, stop worrying about those kids, they will  be delivered. Keep praying the Word of God over them. I could type all day about healing, deliverance, prosperity, safety but, then this blog would be tooooooo long and no one would read it. Just seek out those scriptures in the Word pertaining to what you are desiring in your heart, get that Word, say it out loud, get it in your eyes, and in your ears and down into your heart and then it will come out of your mouth. When your flesh wants to worry or doubt that Word will come forth like rivers of living water. Get ready for the showers, the torrential downpours in your life. God is able and He is willing. Just pray, believe and receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment