Saturday, February 7, 2015



My life verse
For years my life verse was: Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. That was when I was much younger,and was ready to set the world on fire for Christ. Man, I thought that I could quench the fires of hell with a water pistol, but then, life happened and through a series of unfortunate events , and bad choices on my part, my life took a wrong turn ,and I lost some of my fervency for the Lord, and felt spent. But then, the Lord revealed to me that He could still use me,and although I felt at the time that my life was pointless ,and would never amount to anything for the Lord ,He spoke this new life verse into my spirit, Romans 8:28,and we know that all things work for good,for them that love the Lord, and are called according to His purpose. Although, I already knew that verse, it had never come so much alive to me as it did on that day. I began to embrace it, and to understand what that verse truly meant. All of the things that have happened in life. Not just the cute, fuzzy, happy things ;but, all things! The bad, disgusting, things. The things that break your heart,and make you cry things. The things that you are ashamed of,and the things that you wish had never happened. He takes all of those things,and still works them for your good,and ultimately for His glory. We serve a VERY BIG GOD! He doesn't cause these things to come into our lives;but, once they are there, He uses them to shape ,and mold you into His likeness. What a mighty God we serve. He is so awesome in all of His ways. I had been asked to speak not too long ago,and I had prayed,and sought the Lord about what to speak on. I thought that I was all ready. I was going to speak on the Apostle Pauls' words in I Corinthians 2:1-16, all I know among you is Christ crucified.;but, when I stood up,and opened my mouth, the anointing of God hit me so hard,and this is what came out: ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD, FOR THEM THAT LOVE THE LORD,AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE! Then I began to expound on that scripture, and how the Lord had done just that in my life. You could've heard a pin drop. That was exactly what those people needed to hear that night. The Lord knows so much better than we do, what needs to be said,and why. I used to live in regret over some of the things that had come into my life,and because of the bad decisions that I had made;but, I have learned to let them go,and let the Lord use those things to mold me,and shape me, into a compassionate, loving, kind person that can show compassion on people and meet them at their point of need. He is using all things daily for my good,and for His glory, and I am grateful. Now when I encounter a young girl that has been molested/abused as a child, I can minister to her, because I was that little girl. When I meet a young teenage girl that has harmed herself or has wanted to, I can help her because I was that teenage girl. When I find myself talking with a woman that has been beaten by her husband that has had every single bit of self- esteem ripped from her, I can minister to that woman, because I was that woman. He truly does take every single thing that we have been through and uses those things to help others. To show them the better way, the lighted path that leads to Jesus. I am amazed at how He does things, how He uses these things to bring us ever closer to Him and to better minister to others. Gratitude floods my heart and soul when I see how He has used the good, the bad and the ugly for my good and for His glory. What a mighty God we serve! Are you feeling hurt, disappointed, or lonely today? Let me encourage you, He is the Healer of all of our wounds, He can re-appoint you from your disappointment and He is the best friend that we could ever have that sticks closer than a brother. Reach out to Him today, He is reaching out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment