Saturday, February 21, 2015

By His stripes

Every morning before I get out of bed, I begin to thank the Lord for healing. I say out loud, " I apply the stripes of Jesus today, thank you Lord, I will not let your stripes be in vain." He took those stripes for our healing and the Word tell us so. In Isaiah 53:5, the prophet speaks of our Redeemer, Jesus saying, "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed." Again in the New Testament Peter says in 1 Peter 2:24 "He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds you are healed. (NLT)

Some people don't believe that we can walk in health, healing and wholeness but, I do. I have walked in sickness and disease and I have walked in healing and I like the healing better. When I apply the stripes of Jesus, a calming, healing, soothing feeling comes over me. I don't want to be snared by the words of my own mouth and talk about the pain, the sickness or disease that is trying to come upon me. I speak healing over my body. The Word works if you work it. God is not moved by need or their would never be one. He is moved by faith. He is moved by the faith that is in your heart toward Him and the faith filled words that are coming out of your mouth. He took a severe beating and suffered many things for my healing and I am going to take it, I will not let His stripes be in vain.

God's word is truth and I intend to not only believe what it says but, to act upon it, if the Word says I am healed, then I am healed. No matter what things look like in the natural. I AM HEALED! Here are some healing scriptures that I speak out over myself, The Word is like medicine, so take it! John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. But, the Lord came that I might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) Psalm 103:2-5 I gratefully praise the Lord and do not forget all His benefits. He forgives all my iniquities and heals all my diseases. He redeems my life from the pit and corruption. He beautifies, dignifies and crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercy. Are you feeling better already? I am. Let's go further....Proverbs 4:20-22 I attend to God's Word and submit to His sayings. I will keep them in my sight, and in the center of my heart. They are life to me, and healing to my whole body. Oh that's good news. Psalm 91:9-10, 14-16: Because I have made the Lord my refuge, and the Most High my dwelling place, there shall no evil befall me, nor any plague or calamity come near my house. Because I have set my love on the Lord, therefore He delivers me. He sets me securely on high, because I have known His Name. I call upon the Lord and He answers me. God is with me in trouble. He delivers and honors me. With long life He will satisfy me and show me His salvation. 2 Timothy 1:7 Gos has not given me a spirit of timidity and fear. He has given me a spirit of power and of love and of a calm and well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.  Isaiah 40:29,31: God gives power to me when I am faint and weary. In my weakness, He increases strength in me. I wait for Him (expect, look for and hope in Him) and He renews my strength and power. I will lift up with wings of strength and rise as an eagle. I shall run and not be weary, I shall walk and not faint or become tired.  2 Corinthians 10:3-5 Even though I have a physical body, I will not carry on warfare according to the flesh, using mere human weapons. The weapons of my warfare are not physical (weapons of flesh and blood), they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. I refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God, and I lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ. This is very important because the enemy will try to talk to you and tell you that you are not healed, that this isn't for you, it passed away with the apostles and all sorts of lies. But stand firm on the Word and believe and receive your healing. Philippians 4:6-7 I will not fret or have anxiety about anything,but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make my requests know to God. God's peace which transcends all understanding, shall garrison and mount guard over my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. These are just a few of the wonderful words that we find in the Bible pertaining to our healing, our deliverance and keeping us safe from the enemy.

God doesn't desire for us to walk in this life as a wreck of a person. Barely able to walk, always having headaches, always being depressed or sick. He came that we might have life and more abundantly but, we have to choose that life and guard it with our hearts and minds. The Word says as a man thinks in his heart so is he. When we constantly dwell on all that is trying to go wrong with our bodies, our situation or our families situation, what are we feeding our hearts and minds? Fill up your eyes, your ears, your hearts with the Word of God and that is what will guide you into all truth, into divine healing, prosperity, deliverance, protection and every good and perfect gift that comes from the Father of lights above. He wants us to be well, so that we can do His work in this earth realm. So be healed in Jesus name!

No comments:

Post a Comment