Saturday, June 24, 2017

When The Lord Sets The Table





When I was a young child and I would read the 23rd Psalm, and come upon verse 5 that reads: Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. I would think now why would God set the table among enemies? Why wouldn't He just set the table among peaceful people that love me but as I got older and not only understood scripture better, but had some things happen in life that brought crystal clear understanding and clarity in this matter, I got a true revelation on this topic.

When God sets the table, He not only sets it with beauty and elegance for us but He sets it in the presence of our enemies just to show them that He will bless us, even in the midst of them trying to scheme, plot and plan against us. He wants them to see us getting blessed, to see that anointing oil that He has poured on us to touch not only us but everyone connected to us. He wants them to have to watch all the good things that He is giving to us. It is not only to bless us to to bring a life-lesson to them.

I can remember when I was really young going to visit a particular Aunt of mine that was so jealous of my mother that she truly couldn't enjoy her own life. When my mother would get a new outfit or something new for the house or even something as trivial as a new lipstick, you could literally see the anger and jealousy on her face. She would say snide and hateful comments about my mother to others and she would say spiteful little comments to my mother when we were around. I never once saw my mother retaliate against her. She never defended herself against her not even one time and I would get so angry and aggravated just watching this spectacle every time we visited them. My dad would also get agitated and would say Hazel why don't you just tell her off? My mother would say, that would only make her worse and she kept her peace.

My dad loved to give gifts more than anyone I have ever met and was always giving mother and I money or presents, giving made him happy. But, mind you, once he realized that not only did the presents and gifts make us happy but made my Aunt unhappy and jealous, he would lavish us all the more in her presence. I was like what in the world? and then it hit me this is what God does as well. He loves us and wants to give us presents and gifts and every lovely thing that He can think of and when He sees us dealing with hateful, spiteful enemies and we keep our mouths shut and suffer in silence that makes Him want to bless us, reward us and give gifts to us all the more.

This is why He sets the table in the presence of the enemies so that they can SEE the beauty and elegance and lavishness of the gifts that He pours out upon us. Isn't God awesome? He not only blesses us just because He loves us but to let the enemies know that no matter what you do to her, she is going to be blessed, because she is my child and I enjoy pouring out my goodness upon her!! So today if you have enemies that talk about you and scheme and plot and do all that they can against you, just realize that at that moment He is preparing your table! Glory to God and it is going to be piled high with beauty and elegance and blessings and joy and every good and perfect gift that the Father of Lights from above sends to you. Glory to God, He just keeps on blessing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment