Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Surrender Your Garden



Good Tuesday morning. Spiritual growth occurs when faith is cultivated. I love to garden and if it weren't for the weeds it would be wonderful. But when I have to wrestle with weeds, it reminds me of the garden of Eden; it was a perfect place until Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

Then thorns and thistles became a reality for them and every gardener since. The Bible also mentions another garden; the garden of Gethsemane where Jesus, in deep distress, pleaded with His Father to find another way to reverse sin's consequences that were born in the garden of Eden. 

Jesus surrendered to His Father in Gethsemane by uttering words full of obedience in the face of great pain and suffering; " Not My will, but Your will be done." Because Jesus surrendered in that garden, we now harvest the benefits of His amazing grace. May this help us to surrender to His weeding of sin from our lives. 

( Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation; the spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. Matthew 26: 41- 42 ). Have a blessed day.
~Trina Cole~

No comments:

Post a Comment