Monday, September 21, 2015

He Is My Rock



Good Monday morning. Refuge can be found in the Rock of Ages. When singing a song, do you ever stop and just listen to the words and what they mean? "Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee." Those words express what many of us want when we encounter people with evil intentions or people characterized by pride, cruelty, and lack of regard for God.

 When we are the target of someone's wrongdoing, we remember the testimony of the psalmist: "The Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge." As our rock, God is dependable and strong. As our refuge, He can provide safety until the storms pass. With God as our defender, we don't have to fear what others will do. We can trust that God will support us during times of trouble.

 ( He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress ; my God in Him will I trust. Psalm 91:1-2 ). Have a blessed day.
~Trina Cole~

No comments:

Post a Comment